We have been in the same location for fifteen years, The building was Not torn down, we are still here ......
You have found the violin shop in Dallas.
don't carry anything with a spit
valve, and we are mostly a violin shop but if you're looking in Dallas, Texas for a violin, bass,
mandolin, or almost anything else with strings on
it then this is the place.
We are the Worlds Smallest dealer of MOOG products and even understand how they work. What we don't understand is why everyone does not buy all of them from us. If somebody doesn't get in here and buy some MOOG stuff soon it isn't going to be our fault when you have to go somewhere else. We now have the same quantity pricing from the factory as the corporate mega stores, so find what you want, order it through us and get a clop in the head, or a discount on new, unscratched, undented MOOG gear. MOOG rhymes with vogue. Why does a string shop carry the world's best analog synth and analog effects?. Because Bob Moog was a cool old guru guy and many MOOG products have at least a little bit of wood in them. And violins are also made of wood ..... We are a full line dealer of Moog products, including the Theremin, effects boxes and synths. Our shop is small but it is crammed
full of neat stuff. Much of it is for sale. And unlike certain other fancypants mega
corporation-owned stores we'll remember you when you come back. That is usually a good thing.
We have a good selection of titles from Barenreiter, and G. Henle. We offer special pricing for institutional buyers. Popular method books for strings are in stock. We have a wide selection of books for folk and traditional instruments.
are generally open by one pm at the latest. We close sometime between
6pm and midnight. If you plan to come early or late, please call ahead. It is usually not difficult to make an appointment for other times.
are you guys?
are located in Dallas, TX near Richardson on the NorthWest corner
of Coit and Beltline, in the shopping center called Spring Creek Village.
You'll see a Shell 7-11 station, a Black-Eyed Pea, Taco bell, and the Plant Market. We're in the very far back corner
of the strip center, on the courtyard next to Kathy's Choice. Yes, the old Tea Room is gone but the new Tea Room is Open. Please do not come to us for tea. We have no tea. Kathy has the tea. Our shop is
carefully hidden behind a tree that was decorated for the holidays last year.
That tree, along with our stubborn
aversion to print advertising, is one reason we are the best-kept secret
in Dallas. Look beyond all the neat stuff displayed on the courtyard sidewalk to find our one of a kind green neon fiddle above our door. If you can't find it,
give us a call: (972) 458-2980.
CURRENT SPECIALS & NOTES
- Great things have come to our Shopping Village. It even has a village idiot on call. The Fitness center is open. Whoops...the Fitness center is closed, so parking lot traffic is back to freeway speeds. The management now plays a selection of Frantic Classics throughout the mall due to an unfortunate resolution of a technical difficulty.
- This might be as good as it gets. Everything is fine. Really. Stop worrying about the government and buy a stack of music books. Be American...Spend Some Money
- The way this is supposed to work is first we buy some stuff. Books, for example. Then you come in and buy it from us at a higher price than we paid. We keep the difference, give half of it to the government and then go out to eat. If nobody buys anything we lose confidence and everybody has to stay at home for dinner, like in Russia. We wonder if they have awesome music books stacked all over the place in Russia too. I do know that book sales are way down because everybody thinks they can get the same thing from the internet for free. Not so. The body of musical knowledge is not going to come flying out of your computer in a readable format without mistakes. We know the little voice of guilt that accompanies web purchasing. So stop fooling yourself and get down here to buy some music books. Sure you can buy stuff on the Wide World Web but you won't have it now. Why delay your consumer gratification... just wait till we are open and buy one now!
& Announcements And Stuff
- FIDDLE AND BOW MUSIC COMPANY
- We are experimenting with longer hours on occasion, and a limited exposure in the social media.
- You can find us on Facebook. Even if you don't like us, you can like us on Facebook.
- Yes, Yes, Yes, a Fiddle and a Violin are the same thing.
- 30 percent off when you buy three or more music books
- All Holiday Season music books are about to be on sale. If we forget to put up the sign please remind somebody.
- This is the time of year we remind everyone that violins do not stay tuned during November.
- The YaHoo Map thing sometimes shows our shop somewhere in a trailer park in Plano, about 9 miles from where it really is. GPS and Google map coordinates are 7989 Beltline Road, Dallas. This will NOT work as a mailing address. We suppose that there is not already a violin shop at the trailer park and have no current plans to open one there. It would be easier for you to come here.
- We have the massive metal violin mutes on order. These are $19.99 when we have them and make the instrument very quiet. Unscientific studies seem to show that the practice mute is a really good idea if you practice within 75 feet of another person. Buy one for yourself or any violinist you wish would practice farther away.
- If we miss your call please leave your number. Please don't say the number real fast at the end after talking slow, or we might not be able to call back. You can bypass the very professional and pleasant greeting message by pressing the # key, but then you won't know the hours for the day.
- If you seem somehow incomplete, feel that something might be missing from your life ...then come on over and buy a stack of books, it always cheers us up!
who, which is which and what we do
Is widely recognized as the leading authority as to the restoration and repair of violin family instruments. The trick is getting him to start something.
is the person giving lessons all day. He is quite possibly the best fiddle player on the planet. He also has an encyclopedic knowledge of our music inventory, and is an amazing teacher. The trick is getting him to stop.
does about everything else. She is usually the one who really knows what's
going on, so if you get an answer from anyone else about the schedule it might be a
good idea to verify it with her. She can often remember things that have not happened yet and is in charge of accounts receivable, but not the only one authorized to accept payments.
Is here to help, and is rapidly becoming wise in the ways of our North American Retail Operations.
Tony Is hardly ever around due to studio commitments and other artistic obligations.
and Bow Music Company
136 Spring Creek Village Coit/Beltline,
Copyright 1998-2014 Fiddle&Bow Music Company